Brief description of section 29.2 / Implementation Committee
• Section 29.2 of the SDMCLCA provides for the establishment of an Implementation Committee (IC). The SSI Implementation Committee members in consultation with the S51Executive Director shares the responsibility for all decisions made on behalf of the Board of Directors for SSI.
• The IC is comprised of:
o Sue Bowie, Director Implementation, Department of Aboriginal Affairs and Intergovernmental Relations, GNWT
o Dale Pegg, Director, Treaty Management Directorate, NWT/Nunavut,
Implementation Branch, INAC
o Ethel Blondin-Andrew, Chairperson SSI
• The IC oversees the ongoing obligations of the parties pursuant to the SDM CLCA.
• The Committee meets three times a year, in the Sahtu, Yellowknife and Ottawa and prepares a public annual report on its activities
• Implementation Planning Committee:
• The Implementation Plan Committee works on the Renewal of the Implementation Plan which is renewed every 10 years. The Implementation Plan contains Activity Sheets which describe how the parties will go about implementing the activities and obligations required to fulfill the SDMCLCA.
• SDMCLCA 10 year Implementation Plan has been renewed twice; 1993 to 2013
and 2004 to 2014.
• The Implementation Plan for 2015 to 2025 has been drafted and is currently being processed
To Download Annual Reports please select the links below: